Thursday, July 21, 2016

Visas and host families and luggage, oh my

So my visa came 3 days ago, then that same night I finally made contact with my host familyand today my luggage came.
My visa came stamped and ready to go, it goes into effect the 18th of August which turns out is the same day that my host sister Ania comes to America on youth exchange, I'm going to try and leave the 16th so I can meet her before she leaves but there is something I have to take care of before I make a flight plan.
My host mothers name is Beata and she is a tour guide in Krakow, my host father is paweł and I believe he owns an amp company. I have 2 host brothers (which will be interesting because I've only ever had sisters...kinda.... August is still an infant) their names are Andrzej (11) and Olus (4). My host sister is Ania and she's coming somewhere in district 6250 which is either in Wisconsin or Minnesota, I don't remember which one off the top of my head. 
My luggage came in the mail today, it was supposed to come yesterday but I missed the delivery man by 20 minutes. It has a combination lock and nice swively wheels that kinda make me want to try and dance with it dramatically😜😂.

I'm afraid I have to end this post with some bad news. My great grandmother passed away in her sleep today. She went to take a nap and simply never woke up. She was pretty far gone already and we knew it was coming but it's still pretty sad.

2 comments: