Monday, July 11, 2016

Calvin college

the CSRYE conference was a blast, I have so much stuff that I'll cover it all in 3 posts, the 1st post is the 1st day.

On the first day I drove Willow Crisinovan and Sana Shimizu (sorry if I butchered your names) to Calvin from my dads place in a 3 hour drive to grand rapids Michigan. I thought it was far more of a formal affair than it was so I showed up in a dress shirt and tie to find people in band tees and cargo shorts playing Frisbee... I changed as soon as I found my room (20 minutes later). The first thing on the agenda was lunch, then we had a big meeting for all 600 something students and 400 something parents and Rotarians, the vice president of all of rotary was the guest speaker. Next was a Breakout session with the rebounds and inbound students from our countries, it was really cool to see people in different stages of the trip I was getting ready to go on and watch how they acted, the inbounds seemed to have a certain melancholy about them and the rebounds seemed really confident but seemed to be unsure off where they belonged at the same time. I heard lots of interesting stuff from them and things like, what to pack, what is not in Poland that you should bring, which Rotarians get things done faster than others (or which ones will take you shopping when you arrive....most of them we're girls). Next was another meeting then we had dinner then a meeting with the travel agency. Then finally at 900 we we're free for the rest of the night, we just had to be in the dorm buildings by 1230, I went swimming for half an hour then danced for the rest of the time, I don't usually dance so it was a lot of fun. Ill fill in the other 2 days in the next few posts

No comments:

Post a Comment