Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18

I know I promised that I would post the pictures from Calvin college but complications arose and now i'm writing this a day late on my fathers computer (the photos are on my phone) sorry, I will try and incorporate them into my next blog post. A lot has happened since my last post: 
1. I RECEIVED MY VISA!!!!!!!!!! at about 1:30 pm my visa came
2. I finally got in contact with my host club, I've been sending emails a lot the last few days and i finally got a reply, I emailed my YEO Pawel while moving up the chain of command and he responded within 30 minutes of the email, which was both impressive and appreciated since it was 2:30 am in Poland. he said my host family are his neighbors and that he would ask them in the morning to contact me back! 
3. I finished my essay on Poland but I'm missing a few pieces regarding my host rotary club, now that I can contact them ill ask if they know any of it. the essay/bulletin is 13 pages long and was completed in a 3 day span they gave me a greater appreciation for professional writers on a deadline (those 3 days were consumed with google, conversations with rebounds, and spellcheck).
4. I ordered business cards and thank you cards from vista print.
5. I put all the buttons from Calvin on my jacket 
6. I learned how to say "my name is" and "where is the" in polish
my name is- Nazywan sie 
where is the- Jak moge znalezc 
(it wont let me add the phonetics on this keyboard) 

No comments:

Post a Comment