Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 24th

I'm going to start posting 2 times a week from now on for the 6 people who seem to look at my blog:). tomorrow I'm going to the going away party for the outbound from Thailand, I tried to go to everyone else's parties but my schedule just didn't line up. next week is my last week at work, which from my limited experience has been a pretty good job, its basically a toy store with nothing over 5 dollars and i get 20% off everything which is pretty amazing, but its time to close that part of my life and move on to the next chapter in Poland. my language skills are coming along slowly but surely, i have a list of 50 words per week to memorize with a mix of verbs nouns and adjectives as well as important terms for travelers, the translating app is a lot better than just me and a sheet of paper but i can only use it with internet so it can only go so far. I made a plan for each week of the next month in terms of polish language, but it turns out that i have been pronouncing a lot of things wrong because of the phonics that i didn't even think about. I have a family friend who's sister in law is polish and she told him that her dad would always yell Boga Bóg uderzy piorun w dół na tych dziewcząt głów whenever they did something silly like forgot to pack something or say something goofy about his hairline, it translates to "god god strike a thunderbolt down on these girls heads". i don't know if thats a common phrase in polish or not...just kinda funny.

3 comments:

  1. i don't know why the last part came out like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading along 5 times over my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading along 5 times over my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete